A to-do list for the day, a to-do list for the week, and a grocery list.
Today marks the first day that I'm starting off motivated about my resolutions. Up first: gym workout. Next, grocery store. Then home to finish cleaning the rest of the living room.
Yesterday I ended up not going to the gym like I said I would. In a breathy, excuse-making voice: Carlton got home, we played with the pup for a while, and I just started picking up the living room until Carlton suddenly turned on me. He got hungry really quick last night and I didn't have anything prepared, or even thawed. A quick trip to Chik-fil-a in an uncomfortably silent car with a hungry man driving (careful to not breathe the wrong way or make any eye contact!) soon made everything better. And as I opened the mayonnaise packet to squirt onto my sandwich, I remembered that I had wanted to make it to the gym. Eh, shrug shoulders, go about business with mayo. And fries in the new Chik-fil-a Sauce. Mmmm. And, ahhhhhhhhhh, what a refreshing Coke to wash it all down. I'm really gonna need this workout today!
I'm really going to get back into the grove of buying things that are good for us at the grocery store. No more croissants as dinner sides, no more cookies, and absolutely no more kettle cooked chips, Carlton!!!
I've been getting together a list of grocery store items to pick up before I head to the gym... straight from there to the grocery store, and then home to unpack before a light lunch at Paradise Bakery with The Hubster. I follow a few knitting blogs, a few sewing blogs, and a few cooking blogs in addition to some very interesting friends and family... and I found one blog that perks my interest just about every post she makes. The Sisters Dish is a great place to look to when you might be stumped or in a tight spot about dinner... maybe I should have looked there last night! She makes a lot of meals straight from the crock pot, which is nice, since I've only used mine once or twice since we got married. And the recipes are rich and full of ingredients that add flavor and color to any mundane meal. Since my figure proves to me and the rest of the world that I love rich-tasting foods, I'm ready to try a recipe or two. A lot of things can be turned into a healthier version, too. I think today I'll try this out, and use some of that chicken to make this recipe. Then the rest of the chicken can be used for other meals throughout the week... on a yummy caesar salad, on a crusty roll with some cheese, you know... something like that.
I'll write a review after Mr. Picky eats tonight and let you know how it was, and re-write her recipe with my own subsitutions, aversions, and additions.
Tricia,
ReplyDeleteThanks for the nice words!! I hope you enjoy the recipe! I made this for my husband, myself and our three small boys(I have 4 boys, but the baby doesn't eat 'real' food yet). I had just enough leftover to send with my husband for lunch the next day. Our two smallest boys split one enchilada and my husband and oldest boy each ate two. I guess I would say that it serves 5-7 depending on portion size. Hope this helps!
Thanks again!!
Thanks for linking to The Sisters Dish! I added it to my following list... and I will be making their crockpot pot roast sometime very soon! You will LOVE that chicken... that's how Brenda at Wild Strawberry used to cook the chicken to make her chicken salad. Mmm! I'm drooling over here!
ReplyDeleteTrisha, just realized I spelled your name wrong in my previos comment. Sorry!
ReplyDelete