
If you didn't watch Oprah's Day 1 of her "Best Life Week" today with Bob Greene, you should definitely watch it now. Seeing Oprah so disappointed and angry and upset with herself because of her daily habits, including eating and exercising issues, really hit home for me. I must admit, hearing Oprah admit without a blink, hesitation, or cringe that she was over 200 pounds really helped. There's a zest in her attitude about working out. Weight resistance and cardio training are a 6-days-a-week part of her life, as they really should be for all of us. Oprah worked out in front of the camera, telling a detailed list of her daily workout schedule. She was sweating and out of breath and really working! And I was actually watching her, thinking to myself, "I do more cardio and weights than she's doing. In better form than that!" Why am I not proud of myself for being better than Oprah at something that I don't even consider myself good at??? I really should get back into the gym. ASAP. As in, tonight. And be proud of myself for being there. The Wii Fit is on its way via Amazon.com, but it shouldn't be my entire work-out plan. The yoga will be a beautiful way of finishing up my gym workout though! Come home all sweaty from weights to stretch, balance, and breathe my way into a healthy 2009.
It was truly a motivational show, and if you're having image issues with yourself, if you've made a resolution to move towards being healthier and more active person in 2009, this is an episode that will help you get started.
I Tivo'd the show... can't wait to watch it tonight after your review!
ReplyDeleteWell, apparently the Ohio State - Texas bowl game trumps my Oprah watching. I'll watch it as soon as my Tivo is free!
ReplyDelete