Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Enchilada Follow-Up


Dinner tonight was pretty tasty, I must say!

The dish came out a bit saucy... I would probably either a) add twice as much chicken, or b) not add in any sauce to the inside of the tortillas.

Or, maybe it was my order of business that caused the sauciness? Because I made the Crock Pot chicken, I didn't exactly follow her directions. I didn't mix in the "mushroom" soup, cream cheese, etc. into the crock pot because the rest of my chicken was still in there. Instead, I took one drumstick and one breast from the chicken and moved it to a mixing bowl that was prepared with the mixture specified.

As far as alterations, I did make a couple. Instead of Cream of Mushroom soup, I opted for Cheddar Cheese Soup... Carlton is not a fan of anything that's got mushrooms in it, so I kept them far away. I had the Cheddar Cheese Soup in the pantry, left over from a neglected recipe at Thanksgiving, so that's the direction I went. And, hey, why not make things more cheesy when you've got the chance? I also only used 2 of the 4 ounces of green chiles. Carlton is also not a fan of anything that has a kick or spicy hotness, so the chiles were out for him... and just went on top of mine in the casserole dish! I also added in one finely diced carrot to the chicken that went on the inside of the enchiladas. Why not? A little more color, and it made me find a tiny bit of redeeming value to all. that. cheese.

Carlton and I both opted to top our enchiladas with lots and lots of shredded iceberg lettuce and a dallop-o-daisy sour cream. I continued with the juice from about half a lime, lots of cilantro, and a sliced roma tomato. Both of us scooped up each bite with a tostito corn chip. So, in the end, the sauciness of the enchiladas was evened out by the impending gigantic salad on top, and chips. Great taste. Too much sauce. Next time, cut back on that and the final product should be golden.

The rest of the small chicken has been bagged and saved for dinner tomorrow night. Either toasted subs with cheese and chicken, or caesar salads with juicy chicken on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say whaaaaaat?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.