----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eat healthier and lose this extra weight!

Carlton and I were doing so very well before we moved from Buford. We were members of Weight Watchers and attended meetings every Sunday morning before I went into work at Ethan Allen. I was so proud of myself each week when I could show up to work after the Sunday morning weigh-in and boast about my successful week. Since we moved, we cancelled our memberships because we joined a gym. I started out strong, and lost about 14 pounds of "stress weight," but haven't kept up with the work. I was working out 5-6 days a week! And on the days I didn't make it in, I actually wanted to go anyway. Gotta get myself motivated again!
Think healthier thoughts about myself.

Because I haven't been motivated to get myself into the gym, I've just avoided looking at myself altogether. "I'm not buying a new pair of jeans until I lose two sizes." Then, there's the thought, "I'm down to one pair of jeans, and they're kind of uncomfortable. I should at least have two pairs of pants to wear." Then there's this: "Ugh. A size up from last time?" And then suddenly the first pair of jeans don't fit anymore. And so the nasty cycle continues.

I've been getting out of control in my OCD tendencies. To the point where I can't even get laundry done, or the living room picked up, or even the bathroom cleaned. And because I've gotten into my own ways of getting things done, Carlton just can't do anything right, so it's all just stacked up on my shoulders. I've got to push through some things just to get regular tasks finished around the house!
Work and succeed with Vespa on her walks, behavior, and her overall "rehabilitation." Be a better Pack Leader for her.

Vespa needs the help and leadership. We have been working pretty dilligently to curb her desperate need to bark, totally freak out, and lunge out at other dogs. We're taking her on walks daily, at least 30 minutes long, and practicing her "sit, down, stay, shake" commands. I've just got to stick with this and make sure we're handling things the way they should be handled when she does try to freak out.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------Save money.

Carlton's bringing it in for the two of us. I'm bring in enough... to make my car payment. Any leftovers we have, which we should have plenty for just the two of us, are always spent on... who knows what! We have both made it a resolution to stop spending so much on... whatever it's being spent on, and save that money instead.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------Challenge myself more in my knitting and sewing.

I must admit, I'm the queen of all queens when it comes to knitting a scarf. I mean, it's a straight line made by a long series of straight lines! How hard can that really be? I want to learn to make laces, shapes, designs, colors, everything!!! I've just started a new project that's already pushing the limits of my comprehension, concentration, and ability to be nice to Carlton while on a certain section. I'm hoping it'll be worth it!
Those are great resolutions! I can't wait to see the knitting projects. We think a lot alike, SIL.
ReplyDeleteDo YOU know where your camera is??? (OK THAT IS THE LAST TIME (maybe))
ReplyDelete