Thursday, November 5, 2009

One is the loneliest... sock?

This year I blogged about a new endeavor... another new challenge for myself. I participated in the worldwide knitalong project called Socktoberfest! The rules are simple: knit socks during the month of October and share what you've made with the other participants!

While I wasn't able to complete my overly-ambitious goal of knitting a pair of socks for Carlton and a pair of ballet-style slippers for myself, I did get 50% finished with Carlton's socks! That means, Carlton now has one completely hand knitted sock to wear on his happy toes! I got to use a skein of the yarn I purchased on our cruise this past summer, on a shore excursion in Dubrovnik, Croatia. Cool, I know! I've got the second sock on the needles now and am very excited about our drive down to Florida tomorrow afternoon: I'll be knitter-knitter-knitting the whole way!

Vespa even loves the lonesome sock.

1 comment:

  1. Carlton should quit his job and become a foot model! He did a fabulous job

    ReplyDelete

Say whaaaaaat?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.