Sunday, November 8, 2009

Friday, November 6, 2009

Carlton and I spent this weekend in Florida with Saunders, Katie, Katie Anne, and Vicki (his brother and his family, and his mom). Carlton's cousin Brian was getting married, and the Joneses made it a short vacation weekend!

Friday started out as a regular Friday for Carlton and me. He drove off to work while I walked Vespa around the house for about 15 minutes, came inside, and started laundry, cleaned up the kitchen, and checked my email/read up on blog updates. Pretty soon after, I started packing up the suitcase and getting ready for the weekend ahead.

Once Carlton got off work at noon, he came home and propped his feet up while I finished packing up the suitcase (laundry, including his khakis and shirt he planned to wear to the wedding were in the dryer when he got home). By 1:00 we were on the road to Florida, and by 4:30 we had arrived. After a bit of settling into the house, we all got dressed and headed out to the wedding rehearsal dinner--a low country boil!

Of course, dinner, dessert, and the toasts were all excellent! There were lots and lots of toasts delivered in honor of the bride and groom, and everyone enjoyed listening as Katie, Katie Anne, and I played our little games quietly in the gigantic windowsill near the back door.

After toasts were finished, the party started winding down and we headed out before long. Once we got back to the house, Katie Anne went straight to bed while we "big kids" stayed up playing lots of Wii games--mostly bowling for the 4 of us, tennis for Vicki and Carlton, and baseball for Carlton and Saunders.

While I did bring my camera with me, I didn't take any pictures at all until the next morning at the beach. But Katie took lots and lots of pictures, and she will have more linked from her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say whaaaaaat?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.