There's an overall vaguely green tint to everything, but nothing is really green. I have been holding out, waiting for a definite result, but nothing has really happened. The lavender, on the other hand, has taken well to the dyed water, and has a purpley-green color now. My mom suggested cutting the carnations one more time, and maybe even smashing up the stems a little bit on the cut end, to open them up even more to the water. I'll give that a try and try to keep you updated.
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Where for art thou, green carnations?
Let's just say, I'm glad I wasn't holding my breath! It's now Sunday, and here are my results for the St. Patty's Day green carnations:


There's an overall vaguely green tint to everything, but nothing is really green. I have been holding out, waiting for a definite result, but nothing has really happened. The lavender, on the other hand, has taken well to the dyed water, and has a purpley-green color now. My mom suggested cutting the carnations one more time, and maybe even smashing up the stems a little bit on the cut end, to open them up even more to the water. I'll give that a try and try to keep you updated.
There's an overall vaguely green tint to everything, but nothing is really green. I have been holding out, waiting for a definite result, but nothing has really happened. The lavender, on the other hand, has taken well to the dyed water, and has a purpley-green color now. My mom suggested cutting the carnations one more time, and maybe even smashing up the stems a little bit on the cut end, to open them up even more to the water. I'll give that a try and try to keep you updated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Are they still sitting on your mantle? I think it works better if they are in direct sunlight... the photosynthesis process will cause them to draw more water through the roots and into the flowers. Just an old science idea floating through my mind. Try them in bright light and see if that helps.
ReplyDelete