This morning I was picking up all of this. It's the guts from a toy she recently terrorized, as well as a harness we put her in when we walk her (I like to call it her "underwire").
I heard two yelps of pain and terror coming from the back yard. I ran to the sliding glass door and opened it all the way (it was cracked open for the pup) and saw Vespa tangled in her own playtoy. This dog. Uh. She's always had this thing for hangers. She loves hangers! They're one of her most favorite toys she has and they're not even toys. She chews on the hook that wraps over your closet hanger bar thing, as well as the little hooks that hold onto those satin support strings inside sweaters and dresses. Well, because there's been so much cleaning going on, I've also been catching up on a lot of laundry. And, you know my complaints about myself, if I do one part of laundry I have to be able to do all of it including folding/ironing/hanging/putting away. So I've been doing lots of ironing. A few hangers ended up on the floor under the ironing board because they were tangled together and Vespa took this opportunity to take them to the backyard, apparently where - in her mind - they are off limits to me.
This is Vespa bringing a hanger through her slim opening of the sliding glass door. Sometimes it'll take her a good 5 minutes to turn it just right before it fits through those 6 inches. Check out that form! Looks like she does this a lot, huh?
Now here she is in all her backyard glory. The guts from an unsuspecting republican elephant squeaky toy (shoulda bought the donkey but I wasn't thinking this far ahead, or of this result!). She's working on a hanger in this picture, too. Can you find all six?
Her terrible little yelps of pain were because she had gotten stuck in a hanger. Head through the middle of the hanger, the hook was hooked around one of her back legs. When she moved her head the hook would dig into her "pup nugget" as we call it, her thigh, and it was hurting her. When she saw me rush around the corner and swish open the door she stood still until I could lift the hanger back over her head to set her free. At least she understands I'm coming to help her, so she didn't run away.
I got this picture later this afternoon. Not phased in the least! You can definitely see how the corner of the hanger could get over her head and the hook around her leg, huh? Dummy.
Poor little Puppa.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Say whaaaaaat?
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.