Friday, March 27, 2009

So as mentioned before, I cooked up the meatballs from the recipe that my Chelsea posted on her blog here. I must say, Carlton and I were both soooooo impressed! These meatballs were absolutely delish!



Unfortunately, because of my pitiful little excuse of a spice pantry, I didn't realize I was missing my jar of parsley until after I got back from the grocery store. I substituted thyme (a rosemary -slash- parsley tasting herb), and was very, very pleased with the end result! See this tiny box above my microwave? No room for hardly anything! And so hard to find stuff anyway, it's so high up and in the dark.


Here are my ingredients all mixed together and ready to be balled up and stuck in the hot oven. I have to admit, I used to turn my nose up at even breaking eggshells open over a bowl of cookie dough, so the fact that I'm squishing eggs, bread crumbs, cheese, and raw ground beef together with my bare fingers is pretty much a milestone.

All my happy little balls, lined up in perfectly straight rows, perfectly separated from their own neighbors from all angles:They're done! Carlton came in just a-sniffin' before I even asked him to log off Warhammer!!! "No more scenarios, babe, it's just about time to eat!"

I served these up plain style, with quick and easy Lean Cuisine pastas on the side. Since (my love and obsession) Fresh and Easy had Lean Cuisines on sale for $1.60 each, our freezer is jam packed FULL of these things. Carlton picked the ever-so-classy fettuccine alfredo while I stuck by my soulful mac-n-cheese. (*And both Carlton and I both agreed - our favorite part was the bottoms of the meatballs. I accidentally overcooked them by 1-2 minutes, and the bottoms had a delicious sort of burnt cheese crust that was di.vi.ne.*)
Vespa loved her meatball (and a few scraps we slipped her on the sly) so much that she had to rush to her emergency H2O rations that Carlton keeps on the desk, right behind her favorite napping spot on the sofa.

Full pup needs a nap! Just look at that fat tummy.
Chelsea, thanks again so very much for sharing this special family recipe with us all! This one's for the book. Oh, and you didn't warn us of the stank-butt burps we have as a result of this yummy goodness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say whaaaaaat?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.