This was the first time I got to meet Lilly outside her momma's tummy, so I was very excited to see those tiny feet and that fuzzy little head! She was asleep when they first came in, and because I was working with a small line of customers, Patty (the studio manager) got to her before I could. But when I could finish with the customers I ran out to the MINI and grabbed the little purple baby blanket I worked so lovingly on for soooo. looooong! I have been driving around with it since Lilly was born, hoping I would be in the pottery studio just once when Cynthia stopped by with her. And this time, I was!
So I brought the baby blanket back in from the car and Patty had put Lilly back into her stroller because she had to work with some customers. It was my turn to get a picture with Lilly, and validate the blanket that I had knitted. Woohoo!!!
No worries, Katie and Saunders, I was not accosted by this tiny baby girl. No groping, no latching on, no attempts at suckling anything! All this baby wanted to do once I picked her up was cry. And cry, and cry, and cry. "Cynthia, she hates me," I whined. "No she doesn't, she's just cranky. Here, give her the bottle." Gave her the bottle and all she would do is spit it out and scream some more. Gave the baby back to Cynthia and grabbed the blanket. I was going to get a picture of this baby in this blanket no matter what! "Okay, Cynthia, I'm ready for her again. Here's my phone. Get a shot quick!" Cynthia gave me Lilly again and grabbed for the camera phone. I wrapped the blanket around Lilly the best I could and caught eyes with a customer in the back of the store, who was staring at me, an awkward employee holding a screaming baby. "Look at me! I'm holding a screaming Mexican baby!" For some reason, it was a funny comment. Who cares if she's Mexican? She's screaming! Make it all stop! Cynthia quickly got a picture through her own laughs at my comment and soon had to be on her way back home.

What a little grumpy pants! It was nice to finally get to meet Lilly, no matter how much she hated me at the time. Congratulations again, Mommy Cynthia!
What a funny picture! I love your pained face combined with the screaming baby face. The blanket looks cute, though. At least she didn't try to breastfeed with you... that's a plus, right?!
ReplyDeleteahahaha!
ReplyDeletei have a cry baby but i still loves her. I'll take her in soon so you can get a retake....hopefully without the screams =]
p.s
she said she loves her blanket and so does her mommy thanks so much georgia