Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Guess who decided to show up!

So, you'd think cleaning out your car would result in everything coming out of it, right? A few straw wrappers, a jacket, a couple pairs of shoes, and, in my case, a few pottery pieces from work that are waiting to be glazed as well as a large bag full of pottery tools, clay, and an apron, which I carried to my pottery throwing class in Mesa a couple months ago.

By now, I'm sure everyone who knows me knows that I lost my beloved camera some time just after Saunders and Katie visited us in September. I wasn't so upset about the actual camera missing, but rather, the memory stick that was in the camera. The camera was going through some psychosis, or even worse, a bit of Alzheimer's, and didn't really function properly all the time. About half the time, when I turned it on, it would power on, open the lens, and then power off with the lens still extended and open. So, like I said, the camera wasn't really what I was missing. The memory stick was filled with great pictures, great memories, great experiences! And I lost it.

Well, as a result of cleaning out my car this afternoon for the second time since September, I actually found the damn thing. It had slid waaay up underneath the driver's side seat and decided to camp there for as long as I let it. I know! I actually found my camera!!! Here are just a few reasons why I was missing it so much:


Vicki and Grandmama visited us, and we drove upstate to see the Grand Canyon:
Grandmama treated us to a helicopter ride over, through, and around the Grand Canyon!
A pretty shot I captured as we stopped on our drive out of GC Park to check out the scenery:
A typical evening at the Jones house:
Saunders and Katie visited, and we had a great time at the UGA v. ASU game!
Got a little sun and had a lotta fun.And who could forget, the amazing Sedona car ride? I have a goal to take a road trip with Katie one day because of THIS RIGHT HERE. (Be sure to watch the entire video, at least twice! You'll miss a lot through your laughter if you only watch it once, I promise!)

So, needless to say, I am very happy to have been reunited with my good ole trusty Sony Cyber-shot. Hello, long-lost friend! Even though you've got some mechanical issues you've been good to me for a long, long time. Hello, long-lost pictures! I'm so glad to have you back, safe and sound.

Now, leave me alone about losing my camera! I knew that I had it all along, I just didn't know where. I told you it would show up some day!!!

If you ever find someone's lost camera, go to this website: I Found Your Camera. You could return a lost camera to its owner! I like to check this site when I think of it (not very often, probably a few times a year), and it's funny, happy, and "awwww" kind of feeling when a camera finds its true owner again.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! I'm so glad you found it... and especially found the lost pictures! Road trip anytime is fine by me... I can sing like that for hours. Just ask Saunders! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooooooo........Do I get the xmas camera back??? Sooooooooo if Im looking for something in your house, no matter how valuable or how large we should look in your CAR??? Congrats.....glad you found it....hug my dog...

    ReplyDelete

Say whaaaaaat?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.