Friday, November 12, 2010

Autumn in South Georgia

The signs of Summer have finally subsided. While there are still tides of warm air that roll in now and then, I can finally wear a sweater to work and go the entire day with out actually sweating in my sweater.

The gnats are gone...



Carlton and I have enjoyed a football game together with friends in Athens...



...as well as the legendary Georgia/Florida game in Jacksonville, Florida... STOMP THE GATORS!!!!!



 I've finished another scarf for mailing out to my "secret" swap partner in California...



We have celebrated my birthday with some of our close friends at my favorite Thomasville restaurant Marebella, just like last year but with a different group...



Pecans are being brought in from their beautiful groves all around us, ready to be baked into some delicious pies...



Cotton is being harvested from the fields...



 ...packaged for shipping in semi-trailers...



...and processed at the cotton gin for distribution throughout the USA...



Vespa has been chasing squirrels and loving her new playpen, totally free from adult supervision...



 The (apparently) world-famous Ag Expo has come and gone... "Have you eaten today? Thank a farmer!!!"



Vespa is now sporting a smart, fall-inspired houndstooth collar, complete with a coordinating leash for cool and stylish neighborhood strolls...



Calico, Moultrie's Roselawn-ish crafts fair, will be in town this weekend and I won a free ticket at work, so guess who's going to Calico...



I've come to terms with the fact that I just might become that "Kooky Auntie Trisha" because I'm currently knitting what appears to be the smallest sweatervest ever made, ever... and I can't wait to pinch his chubby widdle cheeks when I see him in it, either...



And finally, the City of Moultrie is now making preparations for the Thanksgiving Night Display of Lights that string from the top of the courthouse dome out to the rest of the storefronts around the square...


Autumn is beautiful here in Moultrie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say whaaaaaat?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.