It's in the latest issue (Deep Fall 2010) of Knitty, an online magazine that I love to follow regularly. It's a pattern called Beatnik and--while the model was staring at me in a kinda creepy way and frumped over the sweater and covered most of it with a prop for the sake of a "model-y" photo, it still caught my eye right away--it was right on the front page of the site when I checked in just tonight. Since about 8:30, let's just say that I've already logged on to CreativeYarns.net(which is the yarn shop in Macon that I'm wacky-crazy about) and set aside the yarn I'll need to finish the project. Although I am completely obsessed with clementines as a fruit (I've been known to tote them around in my purse just in case the mood strikes me to endulge in another), I'm not the kind of girl to knit an entire cabled sweater in the color. What do you think about a soft, light, heathered beige-gray? (Chelsea, doesn't this color look like my Revere Pewter that I'm still so obsessed with?!?!?) Okay, yeah, that's what I thought. I'm definitely excited now. Should I go ahead and order the yarn?
The neck of the sweater is so unexpected, yet it completely finishes the entire look. Any sweater with 3/4 sleeves is a hit with me. I've recently learned how to make cables in knitting and so I've recently discovered how much I love making cables in knitting. Looks like this one may turn into a labor of love, but what precious homemade useable--nay, wearable--craft isn't??? It looks like Carlton just officially bugged out of having to shop for anything for my birthday present. Yarn, it is! Happy birthday to me... in 9 days, that is. ;)
Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!



The sweater is fabulous but the model........YIKES! Her gives me the creeps
ReplyDeletehi! I randomly stumbled across your wonderful blog! Nice photos and great knitting! Definitely keep us updated with your sweater progress. :)
ReplyDelete