That's the day my little sister got married. That's an easy anniversary date to remember!
I came up to Cartersville that Thursday afternoon and the weekend's final preliminary projects soon ensued. We picked up dozens and dozens and dozens! of glazed sugar cookies from Agan's Bakery and packaged them all in groups very cutely inside their little miniature Mason Jar wedding favor containers (which was very cute, lemme tell ya). Then we went to Town Center Mall to pick up Scott (the groom) and Carlton's suits. Scott made Kristen leave the store while he tried on his suit. Because, in his words, "if I can't see her dress before the wedding, why should she be able to see my suit?" I maintained my Matron of Honor status quite well by staying with Scott to give the thumbs-up on Scott's total ensemble which included a real-deal bow tie and Toms shoes to finish the custom look. He was a big hit with all the store associates in his get-up.
After the suits were picked up, we had dinner and then worked on printing lots of names and stories and all sorts of stuff for the reception tables.
On Friday, we woke up, got things packed up as quickly as we could, and got on the road to Helen, Georgia. And my-oh-my let me tell you, it was so pretty up there! We all quickly changed into "rehearsal clothes" and made our way from the hotel to the wedding site for the rehearsal. Once the rehearsal finished, everyone enjoyed a delicious meal hosted by the mother of the groom at the Eidelweiss Inn before numerous cheers and toasts were made in honor of the soon-to-be-married couple. We all collapsed into our beds back at the hotel and slept well until the next morning.
October 2, 2010
WEDDING DAY IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rushing, rushing, running, rushing, madness, craziness, run! Run! Run!
We got to Kellum Valley Farm just in time to get the bride ready for her beautiful day. I fixed her hair while she did her own make-up. Each bridesmaid took care of her own primping. Everyone was in such a fun rush to make sure everything was picture-perfect, it was hard to notice Daniel, the incredibly amazing photographer who floated around all day. He captured so many special moments.
In the end, all of the careful planning and attention to special details paid off tenfold. The wedding, reception, and overall Kellum Valley Farm Mason wedding scene were unbelievably gorgeous. (P.S. I don't know what it is about us Lamberth girls and the need to have our wedding reception in/near a barn, but it totally makes for a picture perfect scene... if I do say so myself.)
I wish all the congratulations in the world to my little sister Kristen and my new brother-in-law Scott. Your day was almost as special as the two of you are! I couldn't have pictured a more fitting wedding day for my sister. Keep that evil eye near for peace and prosperity!
The best way to look at the photos that Daniel Stancil took at the wedding is linked below. He made a blog page especially for the Masons, but the "Our Slideshow" link on the top right is the best way to see everything. Enjoy! (You know you wish you had some of those monogrammed Agan's glazed sugar cookies.)
http://mason.danielstancil.com/#/slideshow/
*I've gotta say, the photographer for these kids was absolutely great. He was funny and cheesy (in that he still says the term "cool beans" kinda way) and he made my nervous-excited sister relax a little better. And yet he totally fell into the background where he wasn't really noticed. But somehow he still seemed to capture everything that should have been captured! Great job, Daniel Stancil! If you want to get more information on him for wedding, family, or special occasion photos, I linked each one of the pictures in this post to his site. Well, since I jacked them without his expressed permissions, I suppose that's the least I could do. ;)



Beautiful beautiful wedding day!
ReplyDelete