Friday, December 11, 2009

Big news!!!

Forgive my absence, but let's set that aside for a moment. Like I said, this is big news!

MY SISTER IS A FIANCEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's right, guys, Kristen's boyfriend, Scott, popped the question on Wednesday night as they rode through the maze of bright Christmas lights at Petit Creek Farm. At first she was annoyed that he was driving so slowly, but once he asked the question and got out the ring, she understood why 1 mph was necessary.  ;)




Scott talked with me on Monday afternoon through text messaging, asking if Carlton and I would be able to make it into town for "a special dinner" that Wednesday night.  Umm, while eating out in the middle of the week might have sounded nice, an 8 hour round trip surely didn't.  I thanked him, confused at the "special" part of the question, and asked what the occasion was.  As it turned out, Scott had to tell me that he wanted us in town that night for dinner because he was planning to propose to Kristen and then meet his family and my family for dinner to share the great news, and to let Kristen show off her new engagement ring.  Well of course, once he explained everything, I made plans to work a half-day on Wednesday so that I could be in Cartersville by 7:30!  There's no way I was going to miss dinner with my sister and her fiance on the night they got engaged!  Carlton couldn't make it because of busy work on Wednesday and Thursday, but I was really glad my work schedule could move around like it did.  I met everyone at The Cellar in Cartersville for dinner.  When I came in, Kristen was so surprised she held out her arms and said, "YOU CAME!!!!!!! You came????!!!!???"  And then I said, "I came! You're engaged?!????!!!!???"  I'm glad I made the drive.  It was great to share the celebration with the newly engaged couple and our families. 

Congratulations to the happy couple!


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to them both! Now for the fun to begin! I hope Kristen enjoys every second of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Kristen and Scott! The ring is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'm feeling behind. 2 cousins engaged. I should be next in line, but I'm still single.

    ReplyDelete

Say whaaaaaat?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.