Friday, October 9, 2009

Ode To A Toilet Paper Holder

Ode To A Toilet Paper Holder

Oh, Toilet Paper Holder, with your handsome brushed nickel finish in your original packaging,
How I ponder where to hang you in our slightly green bathroom.
The previous owners obviously liked you enough to save you from the grimy shelves of WalMart
only to lose decorating inspiration when you wouldn't really fit anywhere convenient.
They left you under the sink in the cabinet instead, alone in a dark and unfamiliar place.
I sit where I should sit for Toilet Paper Holder placement inspiration,
imagining you on the wall in front of me.


But that's right next to the shower and you'd only bruise my knees when I step out all clean.
(Plus, the poor TP would get soaked all the time.)
I turn to my left and spot the side of the sink cabinet.
But reaching that far to the side is like reaching too far back, and it's just plain difficult.


Should I open the cabinet door and hang you on the inside, away from plain sight?
Nah, that would hide your handsomeness. Plus, your screws would go through the door.


I can't just ignore you and leave the toilet paper perched on the lid of the toilet tank.
That would be a travesty for goodness sake!

Decisions, decisions.

1 comment:

  1. My take on this dilemma...
    In our first house, with an exactly-the-same bathroom set up, the toilet paper holder was across from the toilet on the wall as in your picture #1. I hated it. It was hard to reach from the toilet - but yours might not be as far. There was a vent right under the toilet paper holder, and the air flow caused the paper to unravel all over the floor (or, at least, that's what Abby told us was happening while we were at work). Either way, annoying - but you don't seem to have a vent there, so that wouldn't happen to you. Our paper never got wet, but we didn't use that shower (it was the guest bathroom).

    In our current house, with an exactly-the-same bathroom set up, we mounted the toilet paper holder on the side of the vanity cabinet. No problems! It is a little far to the right for reaching back, but you get used to it. Also, I like that it isn't the first thing you see - kind of tucked out of the way. But, if yours is pretty, you might like people to see it.

    So, my vote is cabinet side! :)

    ReplyDelete

Say whaaaaaat?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.