Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Oops, I just remembered.

It wasn't until I got home from work tonight that I realized something, um, rather important: we leave for Washington, DC tomorrow immediately after work! (Well, technically, we leave for Cartersville where we will stay the night, leave Vespa "on the farm" with Carlton's parents, and travel to the Atlanta airport at 6am Thursday morning for our flight to DC then.) Which means, I had to pack... TONIGHT! (woops.)

So I started laying out our clothes on the bed, attempting to plan out each day we will be traveling, sightseeing, shmoozing, sightseeing again, wedding-ing, shmoozing some more, and traveling again. Then, panic set in. What's the weather supposed to be like? Rainy?!?!!? Not good. And then there's the time schedule. Rehearsal starts at 2:00, and the reahearsal dinner follows immediately after at 3:30. Generally, rehearsals are semi-dressy, and at night. I originally planned for a cocktail-style dress and heels with tights, but with the daytime hours have changed my plan for that, I think. Plus, Carlton was planning on wearing a suit, and won't that seem a little funny, in the middle of the afternoon, to be wearing a suit to a pizza place? Maybe not in business-minded Washington DC....

Anyway, to calm my panic and disorientation about packing, what to pack, and how to get it all packed without losing my mind, I decided to make a list and sort out all the mother-of-a-mess of clothes I had created on the bed. Thursday: travel and then drinks in the evening; Friday: pizza place for lunch, rehearsal, rehearsal "dinner" at 3:30, evening"meet & greet" in groom's parents' suite for drinks, then night time guys-only drinks in groom's suite; Saturday: morning sightseeing with groom, late afternoon wedding, 5:00 reception, 9:00 "after party" with bride and groom; Sunday: travel, travel, and more travel back to Moultrie. Stress!!! Why didn't I remember that we were leaving tomorrow? Why didn't it dawn on me that we would have to be packed to leave by tonight? Dangit. And all I did last night was knit a sock. Dangit!


I calmed down once I grabbed a piece of paper and a pen, wrote out our schedule, and listed off each article of clothing for each day and event for Carlton and myself. Whew! That really helped. Poor Vespa was so stressed out with me, she just conked out on Desert Rose and put all the responsibility for getting the job done on my shoulders for good. Now it's just a matter of getting a few undershirts and socks through the laundry, packing up the train case with toiletries, folding everything up to fit into the one suitcase, and keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't rain too much on Peter and Shaun's wedding day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say whaaaaaat?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.