Last night, I fell asleep to the sound of rain falling outside. This morning, I woke up to the sound of rain splattering on the ground outside. Yeah, they don't even bother to put gutters on the houses out here.
This afternoon around 12:15 a coworker Maci called to see if I could work her shift for her (she's the one who always sports the super-dee-duper southern accent in my honor). She had been sick all morning and was scheduled to close the store at 6:00, meaning she would actually get out of the store around 7:00 or a little after. I didn't mind filling in for her, and got dressed and ready to head out to Deer Valley, about 20 minutes away, where I work. On the way to work, I drove in amazement, and had to whip out my camera phone and take a couple pictures. There were huge, fluffy clouds - some were white and bright and some were doom-and-gloom dark gray, and there was bright blue sun-shiney sky popping through everywhere. And boy, oh boy, was it windy!
Propped the camera phone on top of the steering wheel and snapped this shot
of the crazy clouds:
Sat the camera phone on my window sill and snapped this shot as I drove down the highway. Check out the blue sky and sunshine popping through!

Shortly after I got to work and relieved Maci of her duties, I got a voicemail from Carlton telling me that it was actually HAILING at the house! He snapped a few shots with the real camera (because, of course, he knew exactly where it was, hyuk-hyuk).
Carlton got this shot and used his hand to show scale of the tiny hail... but hey, hail is hail when the sun in shining!
Now, at 10:45, it's raining yet again! What weather this is, and how welcome I hope it feels! I know I'm enjoying it.
Glad to know we know where the camera is......did I say that....I dont think so!!
ReplyDelete