Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Happiness

I'm back. Well, at least I think I am. For now, at least! I was away from blogworld for more than just a little while. But even though I wasn't physically typing anything, I was taking pictures. Pictures of happy things like the coming of Spring time...



...and a perfectly perfect trip to see my very best friend along with some other very old and very wonderful friends. And by very old, I mean the friends-of-13-years kind of friends. It was a really great evening.



Ooo! And while I was there, I had my very first Yarn Shop shopping experience. I'll write about that in detail later.



Then Carlton and I spent Easter weekend with our families. Vespa is always happy to see her Sissy and rassle a whole bunch.



We celebrated the hatching of two whole separate families of bird babies (and mourned the sickness of two very undeserving ferns as well as the tragic loss of little Crouton, R.I.P.).



I went as Sisterly Supporter and photographer to see the Bride's wedding dress (squeeeee!) and to see the wedding/reception venue.



So, while I was loading these happy pictures off my camera and into my Picasa album tonight, I was also browsing through the blogs posted today by bloggers I follow.

In keeping with the theme of happy pictures, Pioneer Woman is currently hosting her next Photography Assignment. This round's theme? Happiness. I've participated in her assignments before and must boast that I have felt quite adequate with my submitted photos. Either way, it's always fun whether you participate and win (totally not me), participate and not win (totally me), or simply click over to her Flickr page to see what everyone else is looking at through a camera lens (obsessively me). If you like cooking and trying out new recipes, reading funny stories about calf nuts and bassett hounds, taking pictures and getting great/free photography advice and tutorials, wearing cute-and-comfy clothes and getting great/free fashion advise, and if you really like the over-all breezy personality of her current Photography Assignment, I can promise you that you'll fall in love with the Pioneer Woman. Quite frankly, in her own words, she'll "make your skirt fly up!"

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back to blog world! - Hubs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo of Vespa laying Easter Eggs.

    Daddy

    ReplyDelete

Say whaaaaaat?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.