Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Fat Quarter Central

Today at work a huge order came in. $1400 worth of fabrics that a lady was restocking in her sewing room. Can you imagine?!? I worked mostly as an assistant/apprentice, learning where all the fabrics and collections of fabrics are and what they're called. In between pulling fabrics from the wall and putting them back after the correct yardage was cut for the order, I kept myself busy by straightening up the fat quarters (a half-yard of fabric that is opened up to its full width and cut in half long-ways) at the ends of the aisles.

To the ordinary person, this whole stacking thing may not sound that great. After all, it is a totally mindless and completely dull task. But the final result is so beautiful! I actually skipped away from the shelf of hand-painted fat quarters to grab my camera out of my purse. I know, I know, but just look at the straight, rainbow-colorfulness here!


Looking at all these bits of fabric together really inspires me to sew together a large wall-hanging color wheel for my crafting room (that I will someday have, hopefully).

Also, I got my picture up on the shop's web site along with a couple other new girls (me, Dallas, and Rachel). Real cute, huh.

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! Such pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. U can never have too many fat quarters!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Say whaaaaaat?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.