Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Shopping for Mom, and MORE VERY BIG LEMONS!

I've officially had my very first shopping experience on the quick-growing Etsy site. I've clicked over to see a few things that were linked in a blog or two that I follow, but this was my first intentional "shopping trip" there. I'm really impressed with all the creative crafters out there! Etsy is an online showcase of handmade and reclaimed products, and it's really refreshing to see vintage and handmade things only. What pretty and unusual finds I made! I kept to a tight, pre-travel-to-Greece budget of $20 and purchased the perfect gifts for two special moms. And I actually only spent $18.50 total. UNDER $20??? For TWO gifts??? And free shipping??? Wow, Trisha!

I know, huh? {Buffs fingernails and feels superior to you for a brief second.}

I held back on buying myself a "new" train case. (I'm pretty sure this particular piece of luggage is one of my "I'll have a whole collection of these someday" obsessions.) And, I held back on buying a pretty pink hand-dyed silk yarn. Mommies only tonight. Be looking in your mailboxes within the next 3-7 days, L and V!!!

Carlton brought home "a whole bag or something" of lemons this afternoon. I'm so pleased, all I can do is look at them in their plastic "Thank You" bag and smile. I took a picture with one in my hand this time, so you could gague how gigantic these fruits really are.



What to bake next? Lemon Scones with some sort of vanilla glaze? (I don't have a recipe for the glaze, but it sure sounds good.) Cookies? (You know your mouth is watering over these.) Hmm....

1 comment:

  1. I don't have a vanilla glaze recipe, but here's a really good lemon glaze :)

    2 cups Powdered Sugar

    ¼ cup Lemon Juice

    Just mix them together! :)

    ReplyDelete

Say whaaaaaat?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.